Change log for popbsmtpd
August 7, 2003
- Added code and conditional compilation directives to permit using
all three Berkeley DB versions.
Note: Until this project gets autoconf'ed, you need to fiddle with the
makefile to switch between versions. See comments there.
- Replaced fopen() on the log source with non-blocking open(). Program
no longer hangs if source log is not open for writing by syslog daemon.
Correspondingly changed fgets() to read(), and used a ring buffer to
re-assemble log entries into lines.
- Program now detects when the pipe is closed at the other end, and responds
by closing and reopening the pipe. This prevents runaway select() polling
when there is an event on the descriptor but no data to be read.
- Renamed some things for clarity, and also in preparation for using
autoconf and automake.
March 4, 2003
- Corrected bug that caused Daylight Savings time to be set all year,
which caused logins to appear to be the wrong age and get expired
too early (sometimes immediately, depending on configuration).
- Changed debug message terminology from "Cutoff time" to
"oldest valid login time" to make it clear that this timestamp should be
_earlier_ than the current time.
October 2, 2002
- Added FAQ
- Minor makefile and code changes for RPM support
- No functionality changes
September 10, 2002
- More documentation
- Changed some configuration items:
spop3 -> secure-pop
pop3 -> pop
simap -> secure-imap
default source log -> /var/log/pop-imap-login.log
- Fixed a bug that caused program to crash when running as a daemon and
the logging level was set greater than 2. (syslog() choked when interpreting
sscanf() formats as printf() formats.)
- Reorganized directory structure to accommodate multiple distros.
- Stripped out all DOS newlines that somehow got in there.
- Added this change log.
August 19, 2002
First public release.